Monday, March 23, 2015
Sunday Brunch: Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes
This weekend we have been entertaining a guest and had to be sure to make it a good one. Happy to say that he pretty much experienced college in one night--good hosts for the win! We spent the days exploring some new places around Pittsburgh and doing some shopping. To keep with the theme of new things I decided to do something a little different with my Sunday brunch: blueberry cream cheese pancakes! Sounds yummy, right? You would be correct.
Here's what you need:
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. blueberries
What to do:
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs one at a time incorporating them into the cheese as you go.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir until well mixed; stir in blueberries.
- Set lightly greased on medium heat. Cook pancakes just a few minutes on each side.
I have seen other ingredients that also include lemon in the recipe which I imagine is just delicious and summer-y!
Will you try this yummy breakfast?