This week home from school has been so beyond relaxing. I'm happy that the break came when it did. However, I did manage to not touch any of my assignments so I have created a kind of hell week for myself when I get back. Oh well, what's a little extra work, right? I can just do it on the bus on the way back.
What I am going to miss during this next month and a half before the end of the semester (which I miss after every break) is waking up when I please and having a slow, relaxing morning with a breakfast into which I have actually put an effort. One breakfast that I made this week--as always inspired by what I find on Pinterest--was a baked blueberry muffin oatmeal. Yummy, right?! The original recipe from Mother Thyme below makes four ramekins full of oatmeal; I used a bit of math and guesswork to get it down to one serving.
What you need:
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
For the topping:
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. butter
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix milk, sugar, vanilla and salt in saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Stir in oats and continue to cook 3-5 minutes until oatmeal has thickened
- Gently stir in blueberries and remove from heat; let sit for about 3 minutes
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, flour and butter. Mix with pastry blender or fork until butter resembles crumbs
- Spoon oatmeal into ramekins and distribute the topping over them
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the oven 10-15 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool a little. Enjoy!
Et voila! It was as delicious as it looked!
Are you going to try this yummy baked oatmeal?