Friday, March 6, 2015

Spring Break

To be honest, my dream break would include a road trip somewhere. Perhaps next year!

The day has finally come! The great exodus of Pitt students out of the city back to their hometowns or to warmer destinations: spring break! After my whopping two hour work day today I will be getting ready to make the three hour journey home. No big trips this year (but planning on living it up next year!) While I will have friends journeying down to places like New Orleans, North Carolina and Florida beaches I will be wrapped in my own bed sheets and playing the role of couch potato for the next week. I couldn't be more excited.

After the hectic schedule of this semester laziness is all that I really want. I'm sure I will grow restless to do something three days in anyway; don't worry about me. I just need a week where I do nothing. As I mentioned though, next year we are planning on actually doing something. My one roommate and I discussed Harry Potter World, but realistically that probably will not happen. We also just discovered that Niagara Falls is a nice four hour drive from us and got very excited about the possibility of spending a week in Canada. While going somewhere warm is the typical desire of spring breakers there is something about trekking up to Canada that excites us. Oh well. What can you do?

<3 Ashley

What spring breaks have you taken? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. This year, I'm just sticking in town and getting my daily runs in. Hopefully next year I have better plans!

    Alyssa The Runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan! I'm trying to get back into the swing of running outside again. It's just been too cold and the temperatures are finally getting back to a comfortable place. Enjoy your break, Alyssa!!

      Delete