Thursday, December 4, 2014

Turn Up the Tunes


To be honest, I have been listening to Christmas music since like a week before Thanksgiving. Usually I stick hard and fast to the "no merry cheer until after turkey day" but for some reason something inside of me was ready to wrap gifts and trim the tree way earlier this year. Since we have gotten back to school my roommates and I have been cranking out the Christmas jams to make getting through this last week of classes and preparing for finals a little more bearable. I love to compare music with others so I thought I would share a few of my favorite holiday songs with you!

1. "Merry X-mas (War Is Over)" John Lennon--thought I must say I am loving Sleeping At Last's version of the song!

2. "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" NSync--What could be better during the holidays than this fun and upbeat tune from hands down the best band of my childhood?

3. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" Dean Martin--This is my favorite until our annual holiday trip to Phipps Conservatory when two of my roommates sing the entire song on the walk there and back.

4. "Silver Bells" Bing Crosby--This list is in no particular order but I definitely think this one is by far my favorite.

5. "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" Paul Cardall--I love when this instrumental comes on my Pandora station. It is a gorgeous tune!

<3 Ashley

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs? How early do you start listening to holiday music?

No comments:

Post a Comment