Thursday, October 1, 2015

First Day of October


Happy October, folks! The weather in Pittsburgh is starting to feel a lot more like autumn now! With highs in the 60s I really don't think that I could be an happier. Today was not only the first day of October, but also a day of seasonal firsts. Today was the day that I deigned to finally sample the new an improved Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Boy, was it good! What are your opinions on it? I can definitely tell a difference from last season--read: I like it a lot better.


Upon waking up this morning, I threw open my window to let some cool in come through to my teeny-tiny, heat trapping room. I made the mistake of looking back as I headed downstairs for breakfast and saw my warm and inviting bed beckoning me to come back. How I said no to that coziness is beyond me.


As I type this now I am in the process of freezing a batch of butternut squash, which I will likely mix up in a soup in a few weeks--once I get my hands on a nifty immersion blender. The blender we have now is just no match for soups!


Today was also the day I busted out the scarves. They are all lined up and ready to go!

<3 Ashley

Does it feel like fall where you are? What are you looking forward to this month?

3 comments:

  1. I used to hate, yes hate, PSL before but I recently tried the improved version and I think it's one of my favourite Starbucks drinks! It's so good! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would usually get one a year. I was really a bigger fan of the Salted Caramel Latte. But PSL maybe a contender now!

      Delete