Monday, September 21, 2015

Take A Walk


The high today is 72 degrees. Can I get a 'hallelujah'? I am hoping that this means that summer heat is slipping away to make room for crisp fall air--the first day of autumn is this Wednesday after all! We are about 10 degrees from my willingness to buy a PSL as well. I cannot bring myself to do it when there is too much warmth on the breeze.

This gradual drop in temperature gets me even more excited because that means my evening runs/walks will be even more comfortable. I went last night, which was the first really cool evening, and it was amazing. I took the long way just so I could stay out in it longer! Taking frequent fall walks is something that I highly suggest to everyone because, not only is the scenery of this transitional season so beautiful, but this is also the last bit of comfort outdoors before the winter hits us again.

Most of my walks are taken in the evenings out of habit from the summer--the later you go the cooler it is. With my schedule I usually get out around 5 or 6 pm depending on when my last class is or when I get out of work. I love getting out and removing myself from all of my work and honestly from other people--introvert alert!

<3 Ashley

'Tis the season for cool strolls! Do you like to get out in the crisp air?

1 comment: