Friday, May 29, 2015

Book Club: Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.


It is no secret that I am a big fan of the oldies--but goodies! One particular classic that I am in love with is "Breakfast at Tiffany's"; both the Truman Capote story and the Hollywood film adaptation. I received "Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M." by Sam Wasson for Christmas this past year and finally got around to reading it (once classes were over, of course!)

This was a fairly quick read for me. The book was very biographical and shared a lot of background information about the individuals who had a crucial role in bringing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" to the film-going public in the 1960s. While have seen the movie and read the book, I never realized how and why the differences between the two came into play.

If you are familiar with the story or have any interest at all I highly recommend this book. The author pulls quotes from interviews with those who had a connection to the film in some way. The book is written in a way that is easy to follow--section titles are witty and set up the topic of the following paragraphs. "Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M." gets two very big thumbs up from me!

<3 Ashley

Are you a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" fan? Maybe you will enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment