Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Off to the Races


Welcome to 2016 and the beginning of my last semester of school EVER. Cue the panic over adulthood, which is coming at me faster than a train. I'm back to work today and tomorrow I begin a new internship in downtown Pittsburgh and my spring classes. Up until this point I never really noticed how quickly time seemed to be passing. Now, it's a different story.

Now I am very aware of the time. I have only four more months as a student. While I understand that I do not necessarily know what I want to do with my life yet, I do need to formulate a plan. I know I will remain in Pittsburgh through the summer while we still have the lease on our apartment. But then...who knows? I would love to stay in Pittsburgh. The city really has captured my heart over the past three and a half years. I have friends who will be continuing school here who have invited me to get an apartment with them. Great, except I need a job. The job search just seems so daunting at this point. Networking, applying, and interviewing are all at the top of my Least Favorite Words list.

These next few months - when I have the free time! - will be devoted to getting a head start on that job hunt. One of my new year resolutions is to get my life in order and be successful in making those first scary steps into adulthood. The trick is to actually trying to get things started. So...here's to trying.

<3 Ashley

What steps are you taking this year? What are your big picture goals?

3 comments: