Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Movie Night

Image via


What goes better with movie magic than a little candy and buttered popcorn? Honestly ... nothing. Nothing goes better. All eyes on my movie theater that thinks they can be out here pushing frozen pizza and subpar hot dogs. Stick to what you know, theater!

At-home movies are just as magical as going out to the theater ... and substantially less expensive, amirite? Of course, having gone through a childhood of going to the movies and getting snacks, I associate film with food and must have something to accompany.

Setting up a movie at home allows for preparing some heathier snacks. No buckets of butter here. One thing I like to reach for is sweet potato chips. I should probably stop reaching for them too because the bag disappears; or the pan if I've made them myself.

I also like to occasionally take a time machine back to childhood and cut up an apple or banana and slather it with peanut butter. That's a snack that is both health and timeless.

My rule for movie snacks is that there can't be any effort. I can't be focusing on cutting something up and viewing. When I'm watching a movie I need to be able to mindlessly snack only coming to 20 minutes in (because I'm aggressive and lack real self-control) to find that I've already finished the snack!

I'm also a fan of reaching for the classic movie snack - popcorn! When we were growing up, my mother would set us up with a movie and disappear to come back a few minutes later with two plates of popcorn, one each for my brother and me. It doesn't take long to microwave pop that quintessential film snack. Or perhaps you've purchased a few bags of pre-popped kernels. I love to grab a few bags of SkinnyPop, which is not slathered in yellow butter (so it's healthier!) and has several flavor options of their classic popcorn. My personal favorite is pepper jack — then again, I do love anything pepper jack.

- Ashley

What's your favorite movie night health snack?

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure tthe following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Whooping cough 16. Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 .. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete